Depending on whether or not you’re lucky, finals may be just about over or just beginning. Either way, here’s how to celebrate when they’re FINALLY (ha) over and done with.
- Light a grill and cook a steak with the notes from that gen-ed class you hate.
- Ask out the cutie in that one class.
- Return all of the books you checked out for your papers and revel in the literal weight off your back.
- Have a party.
- Have a NAP party.
- Visit all the places you like in the city that you haven’t seen in months because of school. Throw away a couple flashcards at each location.
- Take a 20-minute-long hot shower.
- Make your roommate take a shower.
- Fill out class evals with COMPLETE honesty.
- Take a couple long, deep breaths, then scream. Then continue with the deep breaths.
- Visit an animal shelter and play with the cuties.
- Buy an extra-large variation on your favorite treat.
- Take a long walk. No, longer than that. Keep walking. Walk until you’re somewhere where finals never were. Settle down there and start a new life.
- Go home and cocoon yourself in blankets for two days, or until you feel better.
- Go make snow angels, if possible.
- If snow angels aren’t possible, just lying on the ground and waving your arms about is fine.
- Call a good friend and talk/arrange to hang out.
- Start a snowball fight.
- Buy holiday presents (you have three more days of Hanukkah left!)
- Start your biannual caffeine detox.
- Write a thank you note to the professor(s) that helped you the most this semester.
- Find a vegetable and eat it.
It’s (almost) over. You got this!
First seen on my Patreon!